My Photo
Name:
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I indite what I think. Therefore, I am eLf.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Will You Weep When I Wither?


Why did you ski the slopes without me?
Why did you kayak the kyle without me?
I thought we would do anything together till eternity
I thought you would love me endlessly

Have you forgotten you said no and then kissed me?
When after a movie, under the marquee, I asked thee:
“If I were an aged sunflower
“Will you weep when I wither?”

How shall I ski the slopes without you?
How can I kayak the kyle without you?
We used to do anything together
We used to utter, “I love you forever!”

After Cast Away, under the marquee, I asked thee:
“If I were an aged sunflower
“Will you weep when I wither?”
I swear, I remember, you did utter
“No, I couldn’t weep when you wither
“Because I myself shall surely shrivel.”

- 1:25 a.m., March 8, 2004, Sunday; Surrey, British Columbia
(While listening to “Sickness Divine“ by And Also the Trees
[The Klaxon; 1993, Normal Records])

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home