My Photo
Name:
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I indite what I think. Therefore, I am eLf.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Nothing Changed Between Us


Once you asked me to compose a song for you
O’er the phone I sang it without any cue
A song of longing and loneliness
Can you still remember the blandness
Of my voice when you questioned my coldness?

How you cried
How I laughed
How I ended everything in mock-
Ery! Every Very smack! Dreary Curse me!

Once you asked me to dance with you
But under a Lothlórien moon my heart whispered adieu
We danced so close yet I felt so far
From each other’s spell and spark and par

Can you still remember my kiss?
Can you imagine the taste of my lips?

How you closed my eyes with your left fingers
How I averted and walked away
And ended everything in silent mockery

- 1:35 a.m., December 15, 2003, Monday; Surrey, British Columbia
(While listening to “Right Next to Me” by Whistle [Transformation; 1988, Select Records])

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home